Sunday: Sloppy Joes with roasted cauliflower (delicious) and cucumber salad
Monday: Chicken tortellini soup with mushrooms and spinach
Tuesday: Shrimp Stir fry over soba noodles
Wednesday: Baby back ribs with coleslaw and baked beans
Thursday: Crock pot Indian butter chicken (Thanks Amber for the idea!)
Friday: Pizza night
Saturday: Dinner with the in-laws
Notes on last week's dinners:
- The mini corn dogs were delicious. I love corn dogs and hadn't had one in forever and these hit the spot. Nate doesn't like hot dogs (weirdo), so he wasn't a huge fan.
- Turkey burgers and zucchini fries were great. The kids didn't like the zucchini fries (surprise, surprise). I think next time I make them I will add a little more spice to the coating like some cayenne and some more garlic powder.
- The stuffed shells were a hit all around! They have spinach inside and are not covered in cheese so they are a bit better for you than the ones I usually make. I made my own marinara for them instead of the turkey meat sauce in the recipe. My son asked for seconds.
- The chicken taquitos were also awesome. I am not just saying this. I followed the directions, but to make them not spicy for the kids, I put 1/3 of the cream cheese in another bowl and used only a tbs of the green chile sauce and substituted the pepper jack cheese with shredded Mexican cheese for their taquitos. I made ours the normal way. They weren't all that spicy, but were good.
- The broiled chicken was a little boring. It is funny how grilling makes things taste so much better. I didn't end up making the orzo salad because I ran out of lemon and time, so I subbed with a box of pearled cous cous instead and just broiled the asparagus.