Monday: Taco Night! This is what it sounds like...tacos. I will be having a taco salad whereas the fam will be eating something similar to Taco Bell's double-decker tacos. I want to eat them, but my waistline says "no way".
Tuesday:Lighter Shrimp Fried Rice.
Wednesday: Baked Chicken fingers, homemade baked sweet potato fries and beet salad.
Thursday: Pot roast with carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes with a side of green beans.
Friday: Pizza Movie Night!
Saturday: Date night!
Notes on last week's meals:
- The sloppy Joe's are a fan favorite around here. Nate and the hubbs like them and Arielle tolerates them. I seriously think the girl doesn't like meat. She ate a few bites, so that's a win.
- The recipe for the chicken tortellini soup was a bit bland. DH ended up doctoring it up a little, so it was good. It is a good base to start with but just needed a little more flavor. I recommend adding a little hot sauce into your individual bowl. Almost everything is better with sriracha in it!
- The shrimp stir fry was good. I am laughing because I just realized that we are having shrimp fried rice this week. Apparently I like Asian inspired shrimp. ;)
- Ribs are always good. I didn't end up doing them in the crock pot. I forgot so DH cooked them in the pressure cooker and then broiled them in the oven. I rarely make them, but I prefer to put a nice dry rub on them and then cook them at 200 degrees for 6-8 hours.
- The Indian butter chicken was pretty good. The recipe called for Cayenne pepper and I used 1/8 tsp and it was still too hot for the kids. Lesson learned. I love spicy but I have little that aren't quite there yet!